Friday 3 April 2015

Arena Game Project: 03

Learning the particle system.

So I've spent a couple of weeks looking at my code and trying to find decent guides to making a nice particle effect. I have learned heaps but feel like it's not going anywhere fast, and since I've spent so much time on it I think I have to discipline myself and just move on for now or I'll never have this game finished. 

Time to start modelling!

I will admit I've been scared of this step. Just because this is what will make or break my project in a way. Because my game is 3D and has to look professional I need to do this well. I will be trying to find a style that looks good and doesn't consume too much time to create assets for so that it can be done with my limited level of skill. This won't be easy but we'll have to see how I go. I am also learning a new 3D modelling tool because I only have student versions of Maya and mudbox and 3ds Max. I don't really want to use student versions because I am hoping that I can launch this game and so I am going to be learning Blender which isn't really industry standard to use but it is free and more than capable of being used to create good quality work.


No comments:

Post a Comment